You can find news releases for both Global and Council award winners on the IAEM Awards home page at www.iaem.com/Awards. Click on each news release to see details. We will be adding links to more information about the winning entries soon. And now, the winners of the 2016 IAEM-USA Council Awards are…
· The 2016 IAEM-USA Partners in Preparedness Award winner is the partnership between two for-profit companies (Qualcomm and Leidos) and the San Diego County Department of Emergency Medical Services (EMS) for the SoCal READI Full-Scale Exercise, “Regional Anthrax Response,” which included all Southern California health departments. The exercise evaluated Southern California’s capability to respond to a public health threat.
· The 2016 IAEM-USA Business & Industry Preparedness Award winner is the Colorado Springs Utilities Emergency Management & Continuity Department (CSU EM) for developing a best-in-class utility industry emergency management program that incorporates the best practices, principles, and concepts of the emergency management, homeland security, and business continuity domains.
2016 IAEM-USA Public Awareness Awards
· The winner of the 2016 IAEM-USA Public Awareness Award, Division 1 (local), is the King County (Washington) Office of Emergency Management for its creation of the ICS Combo Course, which has been well-received by local agencies, increasing their NIMS compliance rates while supporting the retention of important ICS concepts by participants, who range from volunteers to elected officials.
· The winner of the 2016 IAEM-USA Public Awareness Award, Division 2 (regional/nonprofit), is Virginia Commonwealth University’s Office of Emergency Preparedness and Division of University Relations, for collaborating on an integrated, multi-channel communications campaign to capitalize on the worldwide attention for the 2015 UCI Road World Championships, to prepare VCU students, faculty and staff, and to provide emergent and emergency management information needed for the event, which was hosted by the City of Richmond, Virginia.
2016 IAEM-USA Technology & Innovation Awards
· The winner of the 2016 IAEM-USA Technology & Innovation Award, Division 1 (local), is the County of San Diego (California) Office of Emergency Services for its August 2015 launch of the updated Emergency Portal, a trio of emergency websites offering critical preparedness, response and recovery information in Spanish, along with an updated SD Emergency app that was enhanced to allow users to switch between English and Spanish versions.
The winners of IAEM-USA Student Awards are announced in the IAEM Student Awards news release at www.iaem.com/Awards. The winner of the IAEM-USA Career Excellence Award will be announced on Monday, July 25, 2016. The winners of the IAEM-USA Uniformed Services Awards will be announced on Tuesday, July 26, 2016.
Congratulations to all of the IAEM-USA award winners, and thanks to all who participated in the IAEM-USA Awards Competition. Visit the Awards home page at www.iaem.com/Awards to learn more. Award winners will be recognized at the IAEM 2016 Annual Conference & EMEX, Oct. 14-19, 2016, in Savannah, Georgia.
IAEM-Global Awards & Recognition Work Group Chair
IAEM-USA Awards & Recognition Committee
IAEM Awards Staff Liaison
International Association of Emergency Managers