The Emergency Manager’s Weekly Report shares information on the following disciplines and topic areas:
- U.S. Emergency Management
- National Security and Defense
- Homeland Security
- U.S. Immigration
- Campus Safety, Security and Emergency Management
- Access and Functional Needs
- Disaster Risk Reduction
- Natural and Technological Hazards
- Public Safety Communications
- First Responders (Police, Fire, EMS, Criminal Justice, Search and Rescue)
- Public Health and Healthcare
- Global Affairs and Security
- Human Rights and War Crimes
- Humanitarian Affairs and International Development
- Refugees and Migrations
- Civil Protection (Fire Protection, Law Enforcement and Preparedness Overseas)
- Climate Change
- Resilience and Adaptation
This information is shared freely of course and all of it is obtained through open-sources. Just because an article or resource is posted does not necessarily mean the EM Weekly Report endorses it. We are simply sharing it to spark discussion and hopefully inspire new ideas or perspectives.
All of the social media pages have some basic rules, these are:
- Personal attacks on individuals or agencies are counter-productive and unprofessional; they will not be tolerated.
- No one is allowed to advertise their company’s services or products on our social media pages. This includes but is not limited to commenting in posts made by other members or posting articles that advertise your company’s services or products. If you do you will receive one warning. If you do it again you will be banned.
- This site was not created to post open job positions, a great resource I have found for searching for and posting emergency management jobs can be found at: http://www.iaem.com/jobextboard.cfm?cat=job
- Conspiracy theories or hate-filled messages are not permitted. They will be deleted immediately and the person who posted it banned from the site.
Because of the politically charged times we live in we encourage discussion but if that discussion or comments violate these rules I will take appropriate action.